- a member of the Salvation Army.
- (lowercase) a person who preaches salvation, deliverance from sin, etc., and the means of obtaining it; evangelist.
Origin of Salvationist
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for salvationist
The only sort of officer he ought to carry is a Salvationist!'The Talking Horse
The charnel houses of iniquity must ever be the workshops of the Salvationist.Our Master
An old soldier came down from the front and a Salvationist asked him if he knew the Little Major.
The Salvationist told him the only suitable place in the town was that used by him as a garage.
Sometimes they try to get me to smoke or go and have a glass of beer with them, but I tell them that I am a Salvationist.
- a member of an evangelical sect emphasizing the doctrine of salvation
- (often capital) a member of the Salvation Army
- stressing the doctrine of salvation
- (often capital) of or relating to the Salvation Army
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012