- a member of the Salvation Army.
- (lowercase) a person who preaches salvation, deliverance from sin, etc., and the means of obtaining it; evangelist.
Origin of Salvationist
Examples from the Web for salvationist
Historical Examples of salvationist
The only sort of officer he ought to carry is a Salvationist!'The Talking Horse
The charnel houses of iniquity must ever be the workshops of the Salvationist.Our Master
An old soldier came down from the front and a Salvationist asked him if he knew the Little Major.
The Salvationist told him the only suitable place in the town was that used by him as a garage.
Sometimes they try to get me to smoke or go and have a glass of beer with them, but I tell them that I am a Salvationist.
- a member of an evangelical sect emphasizing the doctrine of salvation
- (often capital) a member of the Salvation Army
- stressing the doctrine of salvation
- (often capital) of or relating to the Salvation Army