TAKE ROUND 2 OF OUR PSAT VOCABULARY QUIZ!
Idioms for same
- notwithstanding; nevertheless: You don't have to go but we wish you would, all the same.
- of no difference; immaterial: It's all the same to me whether our team loses or wins.
- in the same manner.
- nevertheless: It was a success, but it could easily have failed, just the same.
Origin of same
SYNONYMS FOR same
Words nearby same
Example sentences from the Web for same
None of these, though, has inspired quite the same backlash as fluoride.
This same outlet worked the phrase “engagement to toyboy lover” into the headline of their article on Fry.
It is the summit of human happiness: the surrender of man to God, of woman to man, of several women to the same man.Houellebecq’s Incendiary Novel Imagines France With a Muslim President|Pierre Assouline|January 9, 2015|DAILY BEAST
For his part, Bratton is disappointed but not surprised that the same narrative is already being mapped onto Fry and Spencer.
Grindr introduced the feature themselves in October the same year and called it ‘tribes.’
"I thank you," said Johanna, and for an instant her pale face glowed with the same fire which had distinguished her father.A Noble Name|Claire Von Glmer
Dr. Knox, then going off on foot to see a patient, came across the yard from the surgery at the same moment.Johnny Ludlow, Third Series|Mrs. Henry Wood
In the same place, and at the same time, he received his first authentic news of the fate of the Adventuress.The Destroying Angel|Louis Joseph Vance
The same thought had come to Hubert Varrick as he paced wearily up and down his own room.Kidnapped at the Altar|Laura Jean Libbey
In the 12th century the same gospels were again copied by pious hands into the Kentish dialect of the period.
British Dictionary definitions for same
adjective the same
- being the one previously referred to; aforesaid
- (as noun)a note received about same
- identical in kind, quantity, etctwo girls of the same age
- (as noun)we'd like the same, please
- Also: just the same nevertheless; yet
- immaterialit's all the same to me
Word Origin for same
usage for same
Idioms and Phrases with same
In addition to the idioms beginning with same
- same difference
- same here
- same old story, the
- same to you
- all the same
- amount to the same thing
- at the same time
- by the same token
- cast in the same mold
- great minds (run in the same channel)
- in the same boat
- in the same breath
- in the same league
- one and the same
- on the same wavelength