OTHER WORDS FOR same
Idioms about same
- notwithstanding; nevertheless: You don't have to go but we wish you would, all the same.
- of no difference; immaterial: It's all the same to me whether our team loses or wins.
- in the same manner.
- nevertheless: It was a success, but it could easily have failed, just the same.
Origin of same
synonym study for same
Words nearby same
How to use same in a sentence
None of these, though, has inspired quite the same backlash as fluoride.
This same outlet worked the phrase “engagement to toyboy lover” into the headline of their article on Fry.
It is the summit of human happiness: the surrender of man to God, of woman to man, of several women to the same man.Houellebecq’s Incendiary Novel Imagines France With a Muslim President|Pierre Assouline|January 9, 2015|DAILY BEAST
To those who agreed with him, Bush pledged that the law against same-sex marriage would remain intact.
For his part, Bratton is disappointed but not surprised that the same narrative is already being mapped onto Fry and Spencer.
I waited three months more, in great impatience, then sent him back to the same post, to see if there might be a reply.The Boarded-Up House|Augusta Huiell Seaman
The Pontellier and Ratignolle compartments adjoined one another under the same roof.The Awakening and Selected Short Stories|Kate Chopin
On the thirteenth of the same month they bound to the stake, in order to burn alive, a man who had two religious in his house.
Some were even re-arrested for the same nefarious purpose, and the daily papers published their names on each occasion.The Philippine Islands|John Foreman
The tenor dies; the prima donna appears to do the same, but the libretto consoles you by declaring that she only swoons.Physiology of The Opera|John H. Swaby (AKA "Scrici")
British Dictionary definitions for same
- being the one previously referred to; aforesaid
- (as noun)a note received about same
- identical in kind, quantity, etctwo girls of the same age
- (as noun)we'd like the same, please
- Also: just the same nevertheless; yet
- immaterialit's all the same to me
Word Origin for same
usage for same
Other Idioms and Phrases with same
In addition to the idioms beginning with same
- same difference
- same here
- same old story, the
- same to you
- all the same
- amount to the same thing
- at the same time
- by the same token
- cast in the same mold
- great minds (run in the same channel)
- in the same boat
- in the same breath
- in the same league
- one and the same
- on the same wavelength