- a city in and the capital of New Mexico, in the N part: founded c1605.
- a steam locomotive having a two-wheeled front truck, ten driving wheels, and a two-wheeled rear truck.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to Santa Fe or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Santa Fe
- (ˈsæntə ˈfeɪ) a city in N central New Mexico, capital of the state: one of the oldest European settlements in North America, founded in 1610 as the capital of the Kingdom of New Mexico; developed trade with the US by the Santa Fe Trail in the early 19th century. Pop: 66 476 (2003 est)
- (Spanish ˈsanta ˈfe) an inland port in E Argentina, on the Salado River: University of the Littoral (1920). Pop: 492 000 (2005 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Capital of New Mexico.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.