[san-tuh krooz; for 3 also Spanish sahn-tah kroos]
- a city on the coast of California.
- an island in NW Santa Barbara Islands.
- a city in central Bolivia.
- St. Croix(def 1).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a province of S Argentina, on the Atlantic: consists of a large part of Patagonia, with the forested foothills of the Andes in the west Capital: Río Gallegos. Pop: 206 897 (2000 est). Area: 243 940 sq km (94 186 sq miles)
- a city in E Bolivia: the second largest town in Bolivia. Pop: 1 352 000 (2005 est)
- another name for Saint Croix
- Alvaro de Bazán. 1526–88, Spanish naval commander, who proposed, assembled, and prepared the Spanish Armada but died shortly before it sailed for England