- belonging or pertaining to the Sauria, a group of reptiles originally including the lizards, crocodiles, and several extinct forms but now technically restricted to the lizards.
- resembling a lizard.
- a saurian animal, as a dinosaur or lizard.
Origin of saurian
Examples from the Web for saurian
Historical Examples of saurian
But the features were nonhuman, closer to saurian in contour.Storm Over Warlock
"Slow her down, Wales," said Scott, after he had observed the situation of the saurian.Four Young Explorers
By the time he laid hold of it, however, the saurian was no longer on dry ground.The Forest Exiles
For some weeks the Saurian eye had been on the two secret creatures.The Ordeal of Richard Feverel, Complete
By the time he laid hold of it, however, the saurian, was no longer on dry ground.Popular Adventure Tales
- of, relating to, or resembling a lizard
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Sauria, a former suborder of reptiles (now called Lacertilia), which included the lizards
- a former name for lizard
Word Origin for saurian
- A lizard or similar reptile.