- the study of or preoccupation with excrement or obscenity.
- obscenity, especially words or humor referring to excrement.
- the study of fossil excrement.
Origin of scatology
Also called coprology.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for scatologyindecency, impropriety, vulgarity, abomination, ribaldry, prurience, pornography, offense, dirtiness, curse, filth, impurity, swearword, outrage, filthiness, dirt, smut, evil, blight, wrong
- the scientific study of excrement, esp in medicine for diagnostic purposes, and in palaeontology of fossilized excrement
- obscenity or preoccupation with obscenity, esp in the form of references to excrement
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The study and analysis of feces for physiological and diagnostic purposes.coprology
- An obsession with excrement or excretory functions.
- The psychiatric study of such an obsession.