- the study of or preoccupation with excrement or obscenity.
- obscenity, especially words or humor referring to excrement.
- the study of fossil excrement.
Origin of scatology
Also called coprology.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the scientific study of excrement, esp in medicine for diagnostic purposes, and in palaeontology of fossilized excrement
- obscenity or preoccupation with obscenity, esp in the form of references to excrement
Word Origin and History for scatology
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The study and analysis of feces for physiological and diagnostic purposes.coprology
- An obsession with excrement or excretory functions.
- The psychiatric study of such an obsession.