- any of various offensive plays in which teammates form a protective formation around the ball carrier, pass receiver, shooter, etc.
- any of various defensive plays in which teammates conceal or block an opposing ball carrier, pass receiver, shooter, or the goal, basket, net, etc., itself.
verb (used with object)
- to show (a motion picture), especially to an invited audience, as of exhibitors and critics.
- to photograph with a motion-picture camera; film.
- to adapt (a story, play, etc.) for presentation as a motion picture.
verb (used without object)
WHO SAID IT: A QUIZ ON PRESIDENTIAL WIT AND WISDOM
Origin of screen
synonym study for screen
OTHER WORDS FROM screen
Example sentences from the Web for screen
The commissioner—no idea how or whether applicants were screened for racial biases.
Redmayne ran into Hawking right before he was screened the film in London.Eddie Redmayne’s Time Has Come: On His Heartrending Turn as Stephen Hawking and Benedict Bromance|Marlow Stern|November 3, 2014|DAILY BEAST
However, only candidates who are screened by the 1,200-piece panel and deemed “patriotic” will appear on the ballot.
But she also recognizes that it places women who are told that they screened for HPV in a frustrating limbo.
Sometimes they screened films which they themselves did not understand.Prisoners Get Cultural Fix with 8-Tracks and Bootleg Cassettes|Daniel Genis|August 18, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Intently from his screened post of observation, he watched the gun barrel.Tom Fairfield in Camp|Allen Chapman
Involuntarily Morrison, like thousands of others, had screened his sight with his hands after the second flash.Average Jones|Samuel Hopkins Adams
Close by the bushes that screened the temple ran a little path.Fathers and Children|Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev
Note the need of fireplaces, of screened windows and doors, and provision for storing food.Woman's Club Work and Programs|Caroline French Benton
It is first screened in order to separate all foreign matter from it, and then stored in bins.Woman's Institute Library of Cookery, Vol. 1|Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences