- (of a container) having a top that screws on.
- a top that can be screwed onto a container.
- a container having such a top.
Origin of screw-top
First recorded in 1890–95
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a lid with a threaded rim that is turned on the corresponding thread on the neck of a bottle or container to close it securely
- a bottle or container having such a lid
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012