- the act of enjoying.
- the possession, use, or occupancy of anything with satisfaction or pleasure: to have the enjoyment of a large income.
- a particular form or source of pleasure: Hunting is his greatest enjoyment.
- Law. the exercise of a right: the enjoyment of an estate.
Origin of enjoyment
SynonymsSee more synonyms for enjoyment on Thesaurus.com
2. delight, gratification. See pleasure.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for self-enjoyment
But it ends in the palace of magnificence, in the extravagance of self-enjoyment.Creative Unity
Not a fear dashed the full and smooth cup of his self-enjoyment.The Disowned, Complete
Louis, you are called from the happiness of self-enjoyment to that of self-neglect.The Pastor's Fire-side Vol. 1 (of 4)
But we remain in this "imperfect" world, because even so we can use it for our—self-enjoyment.The Ego and His Own
In one of the sections an eulogium is bestowed upon the beauty of virtue as a means of self-enjoyment.Curiosities of Superstition
W. H. Davenport Adams
- the act or condition of receiving pleasure from something
- the use or possession of something that is satisfying or beneficial
- something that provides joy or satisfaction
- the possession or exercise of a legal right
Word Origin and History for self-enjoyment
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper