- consisting of six parts; sexpartite.
- six times as great or as many.
- Music. characterized by six beats or pulses to the measure: sextuple rhythm.
- to make or become six times as great.
Origin of sextuple
Examples from the Web for sextuple
Historical Examples of sextuple
The sextuple point is the point of intersection of the curves of six univariant systems, viz.The Phase Rule and Its Applications
I did not know before, that a half-mile of sextuple railway-tracks could be made such an adornment.A Tramp Abroad, Complete
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
These sextuple legs supported a hundred feet above their bases a huge and globular body formed of clusters of the spheres.The Metal Monster
Sextuple, in which there are six beats, the first and fourth being accented, the others not.Music Notation and Terminology
Karl W. Gehrkens
- a quantity or number six times as great as another
- six times as much or many; sixfold
- consisting of six parts or members
- (of musical time or rhythm) having six beats per bar