- an act or instance of shearing sheep.
- the time or season of shearing sheep.
Origin of sheepshearing
1580–90; sheep + shearing
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sheepshearing
Historical Examples of sheepshearing
- the act or process of shearing sheep
- the season or an occasion of shearing sheep
- a feast held on such an occasion
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012