- the power or authority of a seignior.
- History/Historical. a lord's domain.
Origin of seigniory
Examples from the Web for signory
Historical Examples of signory
They then sent a delegation to the signory, directing that they grant their demands.Chit-Chat; Nirvana; The Searchlight
Mathew Joseph Holt
Macchiavelli censures the Signory's conduct of this affair as impolitic.The Life of Cesare Borgia
They deprived the nobility of the right to sit in the Signory.
Two hundred infantry were also sent by the Signory for its defense.
Our business is with the Signory and not with feud-breeders such as art thou.Historic Boys
Elbridge Streeter Brooks
- a variant spelling of seigniory
- less common names for a seigneury
- (in England) the fee or manor of a seignior; a feudal domain
- the authority of a seignior or the relationship between him and his tenants
- a body of lords