- the act of updating a software program without adequately informing the public, as by failing to release it as an official new version.
Origin of slipstreaming
First recorded in 1985–90
- to ride in the slipstream of a fast-moving vehicle.
Origin of slipstream
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Also called: airstream, race
- the stream of air forced backwards by an aircraft propeller
- a stream of air behind any moving object
- motor racing to follow (another car, etc) closely in order to take advantage of the decreased wind resistance immediately behind it
Word Origin and History for slipstreaming
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper