- one of a Slavic people dwelling in Slovakia.
- the language of Slovakia, a Slavic language closely related to Czech.
- of or relating to the Slovaks or Slovak.
Origin of Slovak
Examples from the Web for slovak
Contemporary Examples of slovak
Both Slovak and Austrian gas experts reported the flow of Russian gas dropping 20 to 25 percent.In Ukraine, Winter Is Coming
September 23, 2014
Historical Examples of slovak
The Slovak boats get up all right, by aid of a rope, and steering with knowledge.
At the same time he muttered: "Take care what you are about, you Slovak dog!"Our Little Czecho-Slovak Cousin
Clara Vostrovsky Winlow
In North Valley it was the company, the old Slovak insisted.King Coal
The Slovak boats get up all right, by aid of a rope and steering with knowledge.
The Slovak Bartholomaeides, a distinguished scholar, has written several useful works on various topics.Historical View of the Languages and Literature of the Slavic Nations
Therese Albertine Louise von Jacob Robinson
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Slovakia, its people, or their language
- the official language of Slovakia, belonging to the West Slavonic branch of the Indo-European family. Slovak is closely related to Czech, they are mutually intelligible
- a native or inhabitant of Slovakia
1829 (n.), 1887 (adj.), from French Slovak, from the people's own name (cf. Slovak and Czech Slovak, plural Slovaci; Polish Słowak; Russian Slovak; German Slowake). Related: Slovakian.