- an informal photograph, especially one taken quickly by a handheld camera.
- Hunting. a quick shot taken without deliberate aim.
- Informal. a brief appraisal, summary, or profile.
- to photograph informally and quickly.
Origin of snapshot
- to take a snapshot of (a subject).
Origin of snapshoot
back formation from snapshot
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- sport a sudden, fast shot at goal
- an informal photograph taken with a simple cameraOften shortened to: snap
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper