- Charles Jones,1866–1918, Chinese merchant (father of Ai-ling, Ch'ing-ling, Mei-ling, and Tse-ven Soong).
- Ai-ling [ahy-ling] /ˈaɪˈlɪŋ/, 1888–1973, wife of H. H. Kung.
- Ching-ling or Ch’ing-ling [ching-ling] /ˈtʃɪŋˈlɪŋ/, 1892–1981, widow of Sun Yat-sen.
- Mei-ling or Mayling [mey-ling] /ˈmeɪˈlɪŋ/, Madame Chiang Kai-Shek, 1897–2003, wife of Chiang Kai-shek.
- Tse-ven or Tzu-wen [tsoo -wuhn] /ˈtsʊˈwʌn/, T.V., 1894–1971, Chinese financier.
Examples from the Web for soong
Historical Examples of soong
Yet these members of the "Soong dynasty" did not shape the course of Nanking policies as a closed concern.Government in Republican China
Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger
She ventured, in a right melancholy way, to suggest a hope, that it was not his purpose immediately to leave the valley of Soong.Dealings With The Dead
A Sexton of the Old School
- an influential Chinese family, notably Soong Ch'ing-ling (1890–1981), who married Sun Yat-sen and became a vice-chairman of the People's Republic of China (1959); and Soong Mei-ling (1898-2003), who married Chiang Kai-shek