- pertaining to or characteristic of the Space Age.
- using the latest or most advanced technology or design.
- modern; up-to-date; forward-looking.
Origin of space-age
First recorded in 1955–60
or space age
- the period in modern history characterized by space exploration, usually considered as beginning October 4, 1957, when the Soviet Union launched the first artificial satellite, Sputnik I, into orbit around the earth.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the period in which the exploration of space has become possible
- (usually prenominal) futuristic or ultramodern, esp when suggestive of space technology
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012