- being in the shape of a wedge; wedge-shaped.
- Anatomy. of or relating to the compound bone of the base of the skull, at the roof of the pharynx.
- Anatomy. the sphenoid bone.
Origin of sphenoid
Examples from the Web for sphenoid
Historical Examples of sphenoid
The main body of the sphenoid is at the base of the cranium.Pedagogical Anthropology
Simple brachycephaly is due to early synostosis of the nasal and sphenoid.Degeneracy
Eugene S. Talbot
The bones that extend backward to the sphenoid are not easily identified.Dragons of the Air
H. G. Seeley
Under these conditions we have witnessed fractures of the parietal, of the frontal, and of the sphenoid bones.Special Report on Diseases of the Horse
United States Department of Agriculture
The pituitary body itself is lodged in a cavity of the sphenoid bone called the pituitary fossa.The Mystery of Space
Robert T. Browne
- of or relating to the sphenoid bone
- See sphenoid bone
- The sphenoid bone.
- Of or relating to the sphenoid bone.