- the production of spores; sporogony.
- reproduction by means of spores.
Origin of sporogenesis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the process of spore formation in plants and animals
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Reproduction by means of spores.
- Production or formation of spores.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The formation or production of spores. Sporogenesis may result from mitosis or meiosis. Plant spores result from meiosis, whereas fungal spores may result from either mitosis or meiosis depending on the species.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.