- of or relating to stoichiometry.
- pertaining to or involving substances that are in the exact proportions required for a given reaction.
Origin of stoichiometric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for stoichiometric
Historical Examples of stoichiometric
Now, it is at once evident that if matter be so constituted, the stoichiometric laws must necessarily follow.Alchemy: Ancient and Modern
H. Stanley Redgrove
stoicheiometric or stoechiometric
- concerned with, involving, or having the exact proportions for a particular chemical reactiona stoichiometric mixture
- (of a compound) having its component elements present in the exact proportions indicated by its formula
- of or concerned with stoichiometry
Word Origin for stoichiometric
C19: see stoichiometry
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012