- Also strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.
- the use or an instance of using this science or art.
- skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.
- a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.
Origin of strategy
Related Words for strategiesplanning, blueprint, scenario, system, project, action, program, design, plan, policy, scheme, approach, method, procedure, proposition, subtlety, story, angle, setup, scene
Examples from the Web for strategies
Contemporary Examples of strategies
Thanks to CompStat and strategies added by Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, crime continued to decline.Eric Garner Was Just a Number to Them
December 5, 2014
All of these strategies need to include young men, so that they are part of the solution.The Hidden Link Between Women and War
December 3, 2014
When asked to elaborate about other strategies he is exploring to attract more female players, he joked: “Good-looking guys.”Breaking Polo's Grass Ceiling
August 20, 2014
I also used several other strategies to increase my chances of a quick conception—but not those most frequently mentioned online.The Biggest Myths and Truths About Baby Making
July 25, 2014
Further research is needed to determine the ideal devices and strategies for preventing and detecting concussions.This Mouthpiece Will Save Football Players’ Brains
Dr. Anand Veeravagu, MD
June 27, 2014
Historical Examples of strategies
What strategies she had had to employ to escape from the house!Cursed
George Allan England
It is a conflict of principles, it is also a conflict of strategies.The Wonder of War on Land
These are but a few of the strategies which engage the study of the tackle.American Football
And you achieved unusual wealth chiefly by the powers and strategies of your character.I, Mary MacLane
Although he disclaims expert knowledge of strategies, he is at least uncommonly well qualified to appraise the things he saw.
- the art or science of the planning and conduct of a war; generalship
- a particular long-term plan for success, esp in business or politicsCompare tactics (def. 2)
- a plan or stratagem