noun, plural straw·ber·ries.
DO YOU KNOW THIS VOCABULARY FROM "THE HANDMAID'S TALE"?
Words nearby strawberry
Example sentences from the Web for strawberry
She also recommends the banana split shake: strawberry, chocolate, and a mashed banana.
The star is the cream itself, as opulent as crème fraiche, with vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc., serving as a sort of halo.
He loved that idea, and suggested a potluck dinner of sushi and strawberry smoothies and readings from our favorite books.
The town is also recognized internationally for its Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival.The Satanic Child Sex Abuse Case That May Have Inspired ‘True Detective’|Steven Ward|March 7, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Or perhaps the plague of Strawberry Quick-flavored meth that was luring children into a life of addiction and penury.Parents Panic Over Old Fake Smarties Snorting Craze|Lizzie Crocker|January 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Add gelatine to the strawberry juice and the hot, thin syrup.Civic League Cook Book|Anonymous
There was something ominous in the very way he rolled up the strawberry jam in sacking.Tenting To-night|Mary Roberts Rinehart
But I met you last summer at the Anstells' garden-party, and you passed me an ice, vanilla and strawberry mixed!The Professional Aunt|Mary C.E. Wemyss
Perhaps the safest game was to drop the strawberry leaves, at any rate.
Better wipe your face; it's scratched and muddy, and you've been rubbing your nose in my strawberry bed.Openings in the Old Trail|Bret Harte
British Dictionary definitions for strawberry
noun plural -ries
- any of various low-growing rosaceous plants of the genus Fragaria, such as F. vesca (wild strawberry) and F. ananassa (garden strawberry), which have white flowers and red edible fruits and spread by runners
- (as modifier)a strawberry patch
- the fruit of any of these plants, consisting of a sweet fleshy receptacle bearing small seedlike parts (the true fruits)
- (as modifier)strawberry ice cream
- a purplish-red colour
- (as adjective)strawberry shoes