- existing or situated under water; underwater.
- occurring or performed under water.
- used under water.
Origin of subaqueous
Related Words for subaqueoussubmerged, undersea, wide, rooted, profound, far, broad, deep-seated, buried, underground, low, submarine, yawning, immersed, sunken, subaquatic, subaqueous, abysmal, below, beneath
Examples from the Web for subaqueous
Historical Examples of subaqueous
This appears to be the first experiment in signalling on a subaqueous wire.Heroes of the Telegraph
In his eagerness he had struck a subaqueous pipe of the jet.The Rifle Rangers
Captain Mayne Reid
Considering the large area, no subaqueous tunnel had ever been driven with such speed.
This is the “trench” method, a sort of subaqueous equivalent of cut and cover.
There are two important secondary techniques for opening subterranean and subaqueous ways, neither a method truly of tunneling.
- occurring, appearing, formed, or used under water
Word Origin and History for subaqueous
- Found or occurring underwater.
- Formed or adapted for underwater use or operation.