- situated beneath the moon or between the earth and the moon.
- characteristic of or pertaining to the earth; terrestrial.
- mundane or worldly: fleeting, sublunary pleasure.
Origin of sublunary
Examples from the Web for sublunar
Historical Examples of sublunar
All the objects of our experience in the sublunar world are not of this kind.
Hence it is absurd to speak of God as an element of the sublunar world.
This is another proof that they are not composed of the same material as sublunar bodies.
It is clear from this account that matter and form are the bases of sublunar life and existence.
From the Intelligence of the lunar sphere emanated the Active Intellect and the sublunar spheres of the four elements.
- situated between the moon and the earth
- of or relating to the earth or world