- situated beneath the moon or between the earth and the moon.
- characteristic of or pertaining to the earth; terrestrial.
- mundane or worldly: fleeting, sublunary pleasure.
Origin of sublunary
Related Words for sublunarytemporal, earthly, frail, materialistic, sensual, physical, mundane, secular, earthy, practical, terrestrial, worldly, carnal, perishable, passing, transient, ephemeral, fading, lay, mortal
Examples from the Web for sublunary
Historical Examples of sublunary
Providence has a hand in this, as in all other sublunary dispensations.
Happiness in this sublunary state can scarcely be felt, but by a comparison with misery.Imogen
William Quirke has a wish to remain in this sublunary sphere.Ireland as It Is
Robert John Buckley (AKA R.J.B.)
Prudence with them is a matter of thrill like the rest of sublunary contrivances.Chance
He, as I knew, was not in a state to interest himself in any sublunary matters.The Shadow-Line
- situated between the moon and the earth
- of or relating to the earth or world