- the sum or total of a part of a group or column of figures, as in an accounting statement.
- somewhat less than complete; not total: subtotal commitment.
- to determine a subtotal for, as figures.
- to determine a subtotal.
Origin of subtotal
Examples from the Web for subtotal
Contemporary Examples of subtotal
SUBTOTAL: $500 million a year • Check out more stories, galleries, clips of New Moon.
SUBTOTAL: $101.5 million a year THE BOTTOM LINE: The gross vampire product is a blood-curdling $771.5 million annually.
Historical Examples of subtotal
Then in the majority of cases total or subtotal hysterectomy is performed.
It is necessary to utter a caution in regard to the occurrence of cancer of the cervix after subtotal hysterectomy.
These facts show that caution is necessary in accepting reports of cancer of the uterine stump after subtotal hysterectomy.
During pregnancy it is a straightforward operation, the subtotal operation being preferable.
- the total made up by a column of figures, etc, forming part of the total made up by a larger column or group
- to establish or work out a subtotal for (a column, group, etc)