Idioms about such
- of the kind specified: A plan such as you propose will never succeed.
- for example: He considers quiet pastimes, such as reading and chess, a bore.
Words nearby such
How to use such in a sentence
There is no such thing as speech so hateful or offensive it somehow “justifies” or “legitimizes” the use of violence.
Such is her burgeoning popularity Toomey is looking to employ more instructors to lead her highly personalized exercise classes.How Taryn Toomey’s ‘The Class’ Became New York’s Latest Fitness Craze|Lizzie Crocker|January 9, 2015|DAILY BEAST
A few years back, designer John Galliano was fined by the government for sharing just such anti-semitic sentiments in public.Politicians Only Love Journalists When They're Dead|Luke O’Neil|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
The eating disorder field remains divided over the potential efficacy of such measures.How Skinny Is Too Skinny? Israel Bans ‘Underweight’ Models|Carrie Arnold|January 8, 2015|DAILY BEAST
No one seems to know who that is—or why they would want to do such a thing.
I hate to be long at my toilette at any time; but to delay much in such a matter while travelling is folly.
We should have to admit that the new law does little or nothing to relieve such a situation.Readings in Money and Banking|Chester Arthur Phillips
That the inconstancy of such notices, in cases equally important, proves they did not proceed from any such agent.
As such it is now presented to the public for whatever meed of praise or censure it is found to deserve.
Yet if there is a measure of untruth in such pretty flatteries, one needs to be superhuman in order to condemn them harshly.Children's Ways|James Sully
British Dictionary definitions for such
- of the sort specified or understoodsuch books shouldn't be sold here
- (as pronoun)such is life; robbers, rapists, and such
- in the capacity previously specified or understooda judge as such hasn't so much power
- in itself or themselvesintelligence as such can't guarantee success
- for exampleanimals, such as elephants and tigers
- of a similar kind as; likepeople such as your friend John make me angry
- of the (usually small) amount, etcthe food, such as there was, was excellent