- the shining of the sun; direct light of the sun.
- brightness or radiance; cheerfulness or happiness.
- a source of cheer or happiness.
- the effect of the sun in lighting and heating a place.
- a place where the direct rays of the sun fall.
- of or relating to sunshine laws: sunshine rules.
- fair-weather(def 2).
Origin of sunshine
Related Words for sunshinypleasant, brilliant, luminous, radiant, sunlit, sunny, fair, shiny, transparent, clear, favorable, calm, light, clarion, crystal, halcyon, fine, shining, dry, cloudless
Examples from the Web for sunshiny
Historical Examples of sunshiny
As at some time the wind rises, so after a sunshiny day there may be a tempestuous night.The Wedding Ring
T. De Witt Talmage
The day was a beautiful, bright, sunshiny one, with clear skies overhead.Mary Gray
It was a mild, sunshiny morning, with little wind, and that from the northeast.The Wreck of the Titan
Even under his sorrow about my mother he is as sunshiny as possible.Reels and Spindles
It is in our working hours that we should seek to be cheerful and sunshiny.The Girl Wanted
- the light received directly from the sun
- the warmth from the sun
- a sunny area
- a light-hearted or ironic term of address