- a tool for bending cold metal to a required shape.
- a tool, die, or stamp for giving a particular shape to metal on an anvil, in a stamping press, etc.
- swage block.
- to bend or shape by means of a swage.
- to reduce or taper (an object), as by forging or squeezing.
Origin of swage
Examples from the Web for swagers
Historical Examples of swagers
Tom is about 16 years old about five feet high light chestnut coller, smart active boy, and swagers in his walk.The Underground Railroad
- a shaped tool or die used in forming cold metal by hammering, pressing, etc
- a decorative moulding
- (tr) to form (metal) with a swage
Word Origin for swage
"to shape or bend by use of a tool," 1831, from swage (n.), the name of the tool for bending or shaping cold metal (1812), from Old French souage.