- a drink of milk or cream sweetened, flavored, and mixed with wine or cider.
- a dessert of beaten cream that is thickened with gelatin, sweetened, and flavored with wine or liquor.
- a glass or punch cup in which syllabub is served.
Origin of syllabub
Examples from the Web for syllabub
Historical Examples of syllabub
Clean and wash some currants, and make them plump before the fire: then strew them over the syllabub, and it will be fit for use.
There are three things that are not hurt by whipping—a top, a syllabub, and a cream.The Comic Latin Grammar
Little tables with bowls of syllabub on them and cakes and fruit stood about.Johnny Ludlow, Second Series
Mrs. Henry Wood
But there was an eggnog for us, and a cooled punch, and a syllabub and cakes.The Little Red Foot
Robert W. Chambers
You never feel as if all your blood had been whipped to a syllabub.My Little Sister
- a spiced drink made of milk with rum, port, brandy, or wine, often hot
- British a cold dessert made from milk or cream beaten with sugar, wine, and lemon juice