- a cup or small goblet, especially an ornamental one.
- the contents of a cup or goblet; a small draught, as of liquor.
Origin of tass
- a news-gathering agency of the former Soviet Union: merged with an alternative news service to form Itar-Tass (Russian Information Telegraph Agency).
Origin of Tass
Examples from the Web for tass
Historical Examples of tass
All of our information comes from Tass, and you can imagine how inadequate that is.Combat
Dallas McCord Reynolds
Taslet, tas′let, n. a tass or piece of armour for the thigh—prob.
- a cup, goblet, or glass
- the contents of such a vessel
Word Origin for tass
- (formerly) the principal news agency of the Soviet Union: replaced in 1992 by Itar Tass
Word Origin for Tass
official news agency of the former U.S.S.R., an acronym of Russian Telegrafnoje Agenstvo Sovjetskeho Sojuza "Telegraphic Agency of the Soviet Union."