- a person who is trained or skilled in the technicalities of a subject.
- a person who is skilled in the technique of an art, as music or painting.
Origin of technician
Related Words for technicianscholar, doctor, consultant, guru, authority, professional, technician, artisan, repairman, operator, devotee, connoisseur, pundit, ace, veteran, sage, virtuoso, adept, savant, pro
Examples from the Web for technician
Contemporary Examples of technician
The technician on the other end is probably in a laboratory a thousand miles away.Alfred Hitchcock’s Fade to Black: The Great Director’s Final Days
December 13, 2014
Others who had become infected included a technician from the lab that had been returning mistaken results.How Bureaucrats Let Ebola Spread to Nigeria
August 14, 2014
It was Robert Bergdahl's first turn as either a tool or technician of national politics in his family's struggle.Bergdahl’s Dad: Drone Killed Captor’s Kid
June 6, 2014
But the technician acknowledged it could take a long time before veterans get in the door to receive it.
“I honestly stopped doing that because it just overwhelmed me personally,” the technician said.
Historical Examples of technician
He turned to speak to a technician, who was working at another bench.Millennium
Everett B. Cole
The door opened wide and Technician Martin Gunther let them in.Adaptation
Dallas McCord Reynolds
"You can mold it when you mix it," the technician said significantly.Make Mine Homogenized
To the other technician the general said, "Get a chunk for verification of the alloy."
A technician slid into the crater and swept the metal with his instrument.
- a person skilled in mechanical or industrial techniques or in a particular technical field
- a person employed in a laboratory, technical college, or scientific establishment to do practical work
- a person having specific artistic or mechanical skill, esp if lacking original flair or genius
Word Origin and History for technician
- One whose occupation requires training in a specific technical process.technologist