- a brand of teletypewriter.
- (lowercase) a network of teletypewriters with their connecting lines, switchboards, etc.
- (lowercase) to send by Teletype.
- (lowercase) to operate a Teletype.
Related Words for teletypesummons, telegraph, write, copy, transcribe, buzzer, wire, cable, signal, flash, call, report, radiogram, telex, cablegram, touch, touch-type, typewrite, teletype
Examples from the Web for teletype
Historical Examples of teletype
Frank turned toward the window where he had left the bundle of teletype clips.Deadly City
Paul W. Fairman
As she had suspected, there were two teletype machines, neither of which was in operation.
“Room 27 is given over to our teletype service,” interrupted Maxwell.
Although not as important today as it was before radio, telephone, and teletype became common, the telegraph is still in use.Electricity for the 4-H Scientist
Eric B. Wilson
Charlie Fischer strolled in and glanced at the weather report coming in on the teletype.Jane Stewardess of the Air Lines
Ruthe S. Wheeler
- trademark a type of teleprinter
- (sometimes not capital) a network of such devices, used for communicating messages, information, etc
- (sometimes not capital) to transmit (a message) by Teletype