- of or relating to a system of telpherage.
- to transport by means of a telpherage.
Origin of telpher
Examples from the Web for telpher
Historical Examples of telpher
A telpher line on his system was subsequently erected at Glynde in Sussex.
From the telpher are suspended carriers which can be adapted to any kind of material.
At the North Shaft steel-plate bins were used, and were supplied with material by the buckets handled by the telpher.Transactions of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. LXVIII, Sept. 1910
James H. Brace and Francis Mason
In capacity to handle material, one telpher was about equal to one derrick.
Telpher, tel′fėr, adj. pertaining to a system of telpherage.
- a load-carrying car in a telpherage
- another word for telpherage
- (as modifier)a telpher line; a telpher system
- (tr) to transport (a load) by means of a telpherage