- the mechanical device by means of which an electric connection to an apparatus is established.
- the point of current entry to, or point of current departure from, any conducting component in an electric circuit.
- a herm or term.
- a carving or the like at the end of something, as a finial.
Origin of terminal
Can be confusedterminal terminus
Examples from the Web for terminally
But what about terminally ill patients who live in states like New York, without a Death with Dignity law?The Nurse Coaching People Through Death by Starvation|Nick Tabor|November 17, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Police in the UK meanwhile have stood by their decision to sound the alarm and find the terminally ill child.Desperate Parents Arrested After Fleeing Britain For Other Treatment Options for Son in Europe|Barbie Latza Nadeau|September 2, 2014|DAILY BEAST
For the terminally ill Ukrainians, corruption in medicine is death.‘There Are People Who Should Live’: Good Confronts Evil in Ukraine|Michael Daly|July 20, 2014|DAILY BEAST
If you or your child were terminally ill, would you take unimaginable risks for a cure?‘Hero’ Doc Accused of Harvesting Stem Cells in Dirty Basements|Barbie Latza Nadeau|April 29, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Visit the creative team behind Breaking Bad, the story of a terminally ill chemistry teacher who turns to a life of crime.Exclusive: Take a Look Inside the Writers' Room of AMC’s ‘Breaking Bad’|Marlow Stern|July 25, 2013|DAILY BEAST
Psychedelics have also sometimes been used for the terminally ill and in certain cases of autism.When You Don't Know Where to Turn|Steven J. Bartlett
The teeth on the premaxillary and anterior part of the maxillary are long, pointed, and terminally curved backwards.A Review of the Middle American Tree Frogs of the Genus Ptychohyla|William E. Duellman
The septo-maxillary has a lateral process that terminally is directed slightly anteriorly.
British Dictionary definitions for terminally
- a point at which current enters or leaves an electrical device, such as a battery or a circuit
- a conductor by which current enters or leaves at such a point
- an ornamental carving at the end of a structure
- another name for term (def. 10)
- a point or station usually at the end of the line of a railway, serving as an important access point for passengers or freight
- a less common name for terminus
- the smallest arteriole before its division into capillaries
- either of two veins that collect blood from the thalamus and surrounding structures and empty it into the internal cerebral vein
- the portion of a bronchiole just before it subdivides into the air sacs of the lungs