- Physiology. the dispersion of heat from the body.
- Chemistry. dissociation by heat.
Origin of thermolysis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- physiol loss of heat from the body
- the dissociation of a substance as a result of heating
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Dissipation of heat from the body, as by evaporation.
- Dissociation or decomposition of chemical compounds by heat.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.