- Biology. movement of an organism toward or away from a source of heat.
- Physiology. the regulation of the bodily temperature.
Origin of thermotaxis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the directional movement of an organism in response to the stimulus of a source of heat
- Movement of a living organism in response to changes in temperature.
- Normal regulation or adjustment of body temperature.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.