Words nearby nothing
Idioms for nothing
- free of charge.
- for no apparent reason or motive.
- futilely; to no avail: They had gone to a great deal of expense for nothing.
- to treat lightly; regard as easy.
- to be unsuccessful in comprehending: He could make nothing of the complicated directions.
- Informal. emphatically no; certainly not.
- no activity, inducement, advantage, etc., present to the eye: We drove through the town but there seemed to be nothing doing.
- to treat casually.
- to regard as insignificant: He thinks nothing of lying to conceal his incompetence.
British Dictionary definitions for think nothing of
- not to concern or be significant to (someone)
- to be not nearly as good as
- to have no engagements to keep
- to be undressed or naked
- informal to compare unfavourably with
- to regard as routine, easy, or natural
- to have no compunction or hesitation about
- to have a very low opinion of
Word Origin for nothing
usage for nothing
Idioms and Phrases with think nothing of (1 of 2)
Give little consideration to, regard as routine, as in He thinks nothing of driving 100 miles to see a new movie. [c. 1800]
think nothing of it. It's not important, as in Thanks for the lift.—Think nothing of it. This way of saying you're welcome dates from the late 1800s.
Idioms and Phrases with think nothing of (2 of 2)
In addition to the idioms beginning with nothing
- nothing but
- nothing doing
- nothing if not
- nothing like
- nothing new under the sun
- nothing of the kind
- nothing short of
- nothing to do with
- nothing to it, there's
- nothing to sneeze at
- nothing to speak of
- nothing to write home about
- nothing ventured, nothing gained
- come to nothing
- count for (nothing)
- go for nothing
- have nothing on
- have nothing to do with
- here goes (nothing)
- in no time (nothing flat)
- leave a lot (nothing) to be desired
- make nothing of
- make something of (nothing)
- much ado about nothing
- not know beans (from nothing)
- not to mention (say nothing of)
- stop at nothing
- sweet nothings
- think nothing of
- want for nothing