- previously used or owned by two successive people.
- (loosely) secondhand, especially in poor condition.
- obtained through two intermediates successively; twice removed from the original source.
- after two other users or owners: He bought the guitar thirdhand.
- by way of several intermediate sources; indirectly.
Origin of thirdhand
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for thirdhand
All the witnesses could offer were thirdhand accounts or deathbed confessions that came decades after the fact.Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, a Faux Hearing About Alien Encounters
May 2, 2013