- previously used or owned by two successive people.
- (loosely) secondhand, especially in poor condition.
- obtained through two intermediates successively; twice removed from the original source.
- after two other users or owners: He bought the guitar thirdhand.
- by way of several intermediate sources; indirectly.
Origin of thirdhand
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for thirdhand
Contemporary Examples of thirdhand
All the witnesses could offer were thirdhand accounts or deathbed confessions that came decades after the fact.Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, a Faux Hearing About Alien Encounters
May 2, 2013