- any ship having three decks, tiers, etc.
- (formerly) one of a class of sailing warships that carried guns on three decks.
- a sandwich made of three slices of bread interlaid with two layers of filling; club sandwich.
- something having three layers, levels, or tiers.
Origin of three-decker
Examples from the Web for three-decker
Historical Examples of three-decker
But so it is; the cockboat may be more to a man than was once the three-decker.
Not a three-decker of the Channel fleet was readier for a broadside than herself.
On seeing the approach of a three-decker, they again hauled their wind.Will Weatherhelm
Only, I'm afraid your three-decker's apprenticeship 'll stand in your way.'The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete
A small craft you will style her; but at that time, in my eyes, she was as grand as a three-decker.The Boy Tar
- anything having three levels or layers
- (as modifier)a three-decker sandwich
- a warship with guns on three decks