Origin of tidewater
Examples from the Web for tidewater
Historical Examples of tidewater
A hundred to one you'll find my fine cousin at the Tidewater to-night.Sonnie-Boy's People
James B. Connolly
I inferred from this fact that they confined themselves to the Tidewater.
Most of them lived either on or within easy distance of Tidewater.
To be sure, they were not all Cavaliers who settled in the tidewater Colonies.The Crisis, Complete
It is most abundant within twenty or thirty miles of tidewater.American Forest Trees
Henry H. Gibson
- water that advances and recedes with the tide
- water that covers land that is dry at low tide
- coastal land drained by tidal streams
- (as modifier)tidewater regions
- Water that inundates land at flood tide.
- Water affected by the tides, especially tidal streams.
- Low coastal land drained by tidal streams.