- the 20th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter T or t, as in tub, but, or butter.
- something having the shape of a T.
- a written or printed representation of the letter T or t.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter T or t.
- to a T, exactly; perfectly: That job would suit you to a T.Also to a tee.
Related Words for to a tprecise, appropriate, ideal, proper, suitable, exact, true, justly, perfectly, rightly, nicely, accurately, properly, precisely, right, faithful, fit, required, textbook, needed
to a T
Also, to a turn. Perfectly, exactly right, as in The description fitted him to a T, or The roast was done to a turn. The first expression, dating from the late 1600s, may allude to the T-square, used for accurate drawing, but some think it refers to crossing one's T's. The variant alludes to meat being turned on a spit until it is cooked to the proper degree. The variant was first recorded in 1780.