- Fran·cis·co de [frahn-sees-kaw th e] /frɑnˈsis kɔ ðɛ/, c1515–84?, Spanish administrator: viceroy of Peru 1569–81.
- a port in NW Ohio, on Lake Erie.
- a city in central Spain, on the Tagus River: the capital of Spain under the Romans.
- a sword or sword blade of finely tempered steel, a formerly made in Toledo, Spain.
Related Words for toledoblade, dagger, saber, brand, foil, cutlass, rapier, hanger, sabre, broadsword, kris, epee, creese, claymore, falchion, backsword, scimitar, toledo, dirk, bilbo
Examples from the Web for toledo
Contemporary Examples of toledo
After what remains the largest disaster in Toledo history, the city installed sirens.
About 9:30 p.m. on Palm Sunday in 1965, a tornado struck Toledo, Ohio.
“Sociable” and “puckish” is how a Toledo Blade headline described them in 1957.Lovable ‘Madagascar’ Penguins Are Known to Rape and Torture in Real Life
November 26, 2014
Earlier this month, Toledo, Ohio, watched its municipal water supply descend into an undrinkable stew of algal toxins.Are Water Filters B.S.?
August 19, 2014
Which brings me to my point about the recent water crisis in Toledo.Toledo: The Town Too Tough for Toxic Water
P. J. O’Rourke
August 4, 2014
Historical Examples of toledo
Until 1850, the facilities for education in Toledo were all in the future.
In this position he remained for a year, when he was induced to remove to Toledo.
Santa Maria of the Toledo, the white-haired protectress of the strangers!A Spirit in Prison
Toledo is another old, old city in Spain—at one time the capital.Getting to know Spain
"He had a little drag when we were in Toledo, I think," said the mother."Captains Courageous"
- (tɒˈleɪdəʊ, Spanish toˈleðo) a city in central Spain, on the River Tagus: capital of Visigothic Spain, and of Castile from 1087 to 1560; famous for steel and swords since the first century. Pop: 72 549 (2003 est)Ancient name: Toletum (təˈliːtəm)
- (təˈliːdəʊ) an inland port in NW Ohio, on Lake Erie: one of the largest coal-shipping ports in the world; transportation and industrial centre; university (1872). Pop: 308 973 (2003 est)
- (tɒˈleɪdəʊ) a fine-tapered sword or sword blade
Industrial city in northwestern Ohio.