- a surface generated by the revolution of any closed plane curve or contour about an axis lying in its plane.
- the solid enclosed by such a surface.
Origin of toroid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- geometry a surface generated by rotating a closed plane curve about a coplanar line that does not intersect the curve
- the solid enclosed by such a surfaceSee also torus
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A surface generated by rotating a closed curve about an axis that is in the same plane as the curve but does not intersect it.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.