- goods given in whole or, usually, part payment of a purchase: We used our old car as a trade-in for the new one.
- a business transaction involving a trade-in.
- of or relating to the valuation of goods used in a trade-in: trade-in price.
- of or relating to such a business transaction: trade-in terms.
Origin of trade-in
Examples from the Web for trade-in
Contemporary Examples of trade-in
That's nearly $45 more than the current trade-in value for a 16GB model.
Trade-in programs typically also pledge to wipe your device of data.
A nearly 2-year-old 16GB iPhone 4S currently fetches as much as $230 in some trade-in programs (see chart below).
The appeal of the trade-in is clear once you look at the numbers.
- a used article given in part payment for the purchase of a new article
- a transaction involving such part payment
- the valuation put on the article traded in
- (as modifier)a trade-in dealer
- (tr, adverb) to give (a used article) as part payment for the purchase of a new article