- of, relating to, or used in or for training: a training manual.
- intended for use during an introductory, learning, or transitional period: a training cup for weaning a baby; a training bra.
Origin of training
1. See education.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Wordsdiscipline, instruction, workout, practice, schooling, drill, teaching, education, guidance, exercise, coaching, foundation, basics, seasoning, cultivation, upbringing, tuition, indoctrination, background, buildup
Examples from the Web for trainings
In Afghanistan, U.S. agencies would have to incorporate gender-based violence concerns into trainings and programs.Legalized Spousal Abuse Is Coming to Afghanistan
February 13, 2014
The trainings are six- to eight-hours long and are conducted by Finnigan or VanVonderen the day before the actual intervention.The Rehab Show That Works
July 21, 2010
Here is where we used to have May trainings, years and years ago.
We owe much to these trainings and these trials of marksmanship.
We have both passed the Preliminary, and shall have served our two trainings.For Fortune and Glory
Boston mustered a very fair military force at trainings, even in early days.
He recalled the trainings of other days, when his regiment paraded on the green and had a sham-fight.Winning His Way
Charles Carleton Coffin
- the process of bringing a person, etc, to an agreed standard of proficiency, etc, by practice and instructiontraining for the priesthood; physical training
- (as modifier)training college
- in training
- undergoing physical training
- physically fit
- out of training physically unfit