- a streetcar system.
- a streetcar route or track.
Origin of tramline
Examples from the Web for tramline
Historical Examples of tramline
It was a wonder that there was not a tramline in such an important thoroughfare.
The storm had struck the overhead wire of the tramline, and one of the great supports had fallen.A Room With A View
E. M. Forster
Of course if they ran a tramline along the North Circular from the cattlemarket to the quays value would go up like a shot.
- Also called: tramway (often plural) the tracks on which a tram runs
- the route taken by a tram
- (often plural) the outer markings along the sides of a tennis or badminton court
- (plural) a set of guiding principles