- the act of transacting or the fact of being transacted.
- an instance or process of transacting something.
- something that is transacted, especially a business agreement.
- Psychology. an interaction of an individual with one or more other persons, especially as influenced by their assumed relational roles of parent, child, or adult.
- transactions, the published records of the proceedings, as papers read, addresses delivered, or discussions, at the meetings of a learned society or the like.
Origin of transaction
Synonyms for transactionSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for transactionnegotiation, purchase, selling, deal, business, affair, enterprise, sale, contract, agreement, matter, activity, action, buying, bond, pact, coup, play, proceeding, happening
Examples from the Web for transaction
Contemporary Examples of transaction
A Morgan pal was present at the transaction and is said to have texted with him using the cost-saving app Viber.The Mystery of Donald Ray Morgan, the 44-Year-Old American Who Loved ISIS
August 12, 2014
The dealer calls himself to check the numbers, and the transaction is made.This Anti-Heroin Drug Is Now King of the Jailhouse Drug Trade
July 17, 2014
It plunges into a vast trove of transaction data and comes up with related products.This is What Happens When You Teach Machines the Power of Natural Selection
February 1, 2014
Still, he would only ship to a licensed dealer, who would handle the transaction.People Are Using Instagram to Sell Their Guns...and It’s Mostly Legal
October 22, 2013
Do a transaction, and take a couple of basis points as a commission.Meet the Servicey New Dow
September 10, 2013
Historical Examples of transaction
It is a painful truth that by daylight he was ashamed of his part of the transaction.Ester Ried Yet Speaking
When the transaction was finished, she had a few dollars remaining.
We should have that much to show for our share of the transaction.
God requires to be honoured in this, no less than in every other transaction.Female Scripture Biographies, Vol. I
Francis Augustus Cox
The transaction by any name would smell no sweeter, Calendar.The Black Bag
Louis Joseph Vance
- something that is transacted, esp a business deal or negotiation
- the act of transacting or the state of being transacted
- (plural) the published records of the proceedings of a society, conference, etc
- (in business computing) the act of obtaining and paying for an item or service
- (in general computing) the transmission and processing of an item of data
mid-15c., "the adjustment of a dispute, a negotiated agreement," from Middle French transaction, from Latin transactionem (nominative transactio) "an agreement, accomplishment," from past participle stem of transigere "accomplish, drive or carry through," from trans- "through" + agere "to drive" (see act). Meaning "a piece of business" is attested from 1640s.