- a written, typewritten, or printed copy; something transcribed or made by transcribing.
- an exact copy or reproduction, especially one having an official status.
- an official report supplied by a school on the record of an individual student, listing subjects studied, grades received, etc.
- a form of something as rendered from one alphabet or language into another.
Origin of transcript
Related Words for transcripttranslation, manuscript, transcription, recording, ditto, notes, imprint, record, duplicate, facsimile, reproduction, print, minutes, mimeograph, reprint
Examples from the Web for transcript
Contemporary Examples of transcript
A transcript and an audio recording of his remarks were obtained by The Daily Beast.Pro-Palestinian Group Lectured On Skirting Terror Laws
December 5, 2014
Prosecutor Alessandro Leopizzi wasted no time in repeating the transcript to ask Schettino to confirm his words.The Costa Concordia’s Randy Reckless Captain Takes the Stand
Barbie Latza Nadeau
December 2, 2014
Following are excerpts from the transcript of our conversation, which was conducted in French and is here translated into English.Vilified Bitcoin Tycoon After Losing $500 Million: My Life Is at Risk
September 17, 2014
However, in his opposition, Haidak denied UMass' claim that he did not want the transcript included.Is UMass-Amherst Biased Against Male Students in Title IX Assault Cases?
August 18, 2014
So I talked to him on the phone and he was supposed to take that and write a transcript and fill it out with stories.'Saved by the Bell' Star Dustin Diamond Doesn't Want to Be a Jerk Anymore
August 11, 2014
Historical Examples of transcript
The law is the transcript of the character of God: opposition to it is opposition to that character.Journal of a Residence at Bagdad
Only a transcript of their girlish dreams could have told them what they thought of Jeff.The Prisoner
Are the Madonnas of Murillo anything but a transcript of the women of Andalusia?Rembrandt and His Works
"We have read the transcript of your knowledge," said the old Lhari.The Colors of Space
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Major Hume translates it in full, from Mr. Froude's transcript.The Valet's Tragedy and Other Stories
- a written, typed, or printed copy or manuscript made by transcribing
- education, mainly US and Canadian an official record of a student's school progress and achievements
- any reproduction or copy
Word Origin for transcript
"written copy," late 13c., from Latin transcriptum, neuter past participle of transcribere (see transcribe).