- to move or pass from one place to another.
- to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there.
- (of the soul) to be reborn after death in another body.
- to cause to transmigrate, as a soul; transfer.
Origin of transmigrate
Examples from the Web for transmigrate
Historical Examples of transmigrate
I am sure all this is because you think you will transmigrate into a black spider!From the Caves and Jungles of Hindostan
Helena Pretrovna Blavatsky
The Jesuits were ordered to dispose the people to transmigrate.
Oh, if our souls could transmigrate I'd be a seamew above all birds that fly!Beyond the City
Arthur Conan Doyle
It cannot transmigrate—cannot carry along with it the law which protects it: and if it could, what law would it carry?Thirty Years' View (Vol. II of 2)
Thomas Hart Benton
He commanded each of them to transmigrate from one human body into another, until their tasks were done.A Budget of Paradoxes, Volume I (of II)
Augustus De Morgan
- to move from one place, state, or stage to another
- (of souls) to pass from one body into another at death